ActiveJ is an ambitious platform that was built from the ground up and aims to redefine modern Java programming. ActiveJ is the result of developing a genuinely high-load ecosystem for AdKernel, a Real Time Bidding ad-serving platform processing hundreds of billions requests daily. ActiveJ features a rich stack of technologies without zoo of diverse solutions tailored together with excessive abstractions. It's a full-featured high-performance alternative to Spring, Micronaut, Apache Spark, Quarkus, and other solutions.
ActiveJ distinctive features are simplicity, raw performance and consistency. As a result, it is fast, lightweight and doesn’t feature tons of abstractions and third-party dependencies. Moreover, ActiveJ offers a unique programming approach, giving priority to business logic instead of framework specifications.
ActiveJ consists of loosely coupled components that complement and empower each other. Some of them can be used as stand-alone libraries.
- ActiveJ Inject. Lightweight Dependency Injection library with powerful tools. Can be used as a stand-alone library.
- Async I/O core:
- Lightning-fast and asynchronous data stream processing:
- High-performance HTTP component, features asynchronous HTTP clients and servers. Can be used independently of ActiveJ.
- Bootstrapping and lifecycle management utils:
Service Graph, JMX, Triggers.
- ActiveJ Serializer - world’s fastest JVM-based serializers implemented with runtime bytecode generation.
- ActiveJ Codegen - dynamic bytecode generator without the complexity of direct bytecode manipulation. Features a streamlined and concise API.
- ActiveJ Specializer - a unique technology that automagically significantly speeds up your code by optimizing it for JVM.
- ActiveJ RPC - a lightning-fast binary protocol for developing distributed applications and microservices solutions
- ActiveJ FS - provides efficient tools for developing scalable remote file storage with support of data redundancy, rebalancing, and resharding.
ActiveJ project is an enhanced version of the DataKernel framework. After v3.0 release it was significantly improved and restructured.